Re: scales, benchmarks, numbers, theories and adaptability

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:50:12 -0400

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM, L C <lightcastle_at_...> wrote:

> Except that I don't think there's a fixed mastery range that tracks to
> something like "levels" in DnD. I may be wrong, but HQ2, from what I've
> learned, may well have people with god-fighting powers at the same
> numbers that another GM would run a "getting the cows in" game.

This is basically the plan for my next HQ game. I will have my players create beginning characters and simply tell them "you are among the kingdom's mightiest people, bordering on being truly heroic". All the contests will be based on that assumption.

This is way easier than saying "create beginning characters and then spend 200 HP on them, with no more than 40 HP spent on any one ability." Or saying "You have one ability at 15W2, two at 5W2, three at 15W and four at 5W - unless the ability in question is an keyword, in which case..."

-Kevin McD