RE: Re: The merits of relative and absolute resistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:35:06 -0000

Laurent wrote:
I can see an argument saying that since the PCs have numbers, and you use those for contests, you
should have numbers for NPCs.

Now I write a few lines of prose about an NPC, pertaining to their role in the overall story and their specific connection to the up and coming session. I then underline key phrases and words which I can pull out as abilities. When it comes time for them to take their part I use the base resistance for their number with a rare augment and add the difficulty according to the table (moderate, hard, etc).

Would it be helpful if I were to post some examples?