Re: Re: Scenarios

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:41:58 -0400

Graham Spearing wrote:

>Good oh, got it. I'd still like to have seen the numbers removed from
>the players side too, but maybe that's something I'll work on once the
>game is published.

*nod*
I am curious with the idea of removing PC stats as well. I need to see how PC stats are implemented in HQ2. Robin says they remain crucial, and I am willing to believe that as it is his design. At the same time, no numbers, a straight target number for the PC, and all opposing resistances being relative to that seems feasible. You would still need a way to note what a PC is interested in/good at, of course.

>I can see that. I am better with group body language, but an abacus
>somewhere could add some visual flair.

An abacus? Wow, that would be an odd visual touch. Could be evocative in the right sort of game. Personally, I would think a running tally of pass-fail presented visually to the players would be distracting, but maybe not. I'd also go by body language and such, of course. As I said, I know people who LOVE a long series of terrible losses for their player. They don't view Pass/Fail as 1s and 0s - some Passes are worth many minor Fails, dramatically. (And vice versa.)

I'm almost certain to run a few games with pass/fail applied rigorously to see what kind of pacing it produces, of course, just to see.

LC