Re: Man Rune

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:17:33 -0000

Stephen Tempest:

> Or to put it another way - all Gloranthan humans have four runes, not
> three; and one of them is always the Man rune (until they die, at
> which point it is replaced by the Spirit rune). The Man rune grants
> them the power of Being Human, which is immensely important but also
> meaningless because every other human has it as well. Sound fair?

Well, there are some cults (albeit not very many) that possess the Man rune, so I'm not wholly convinced by this. At least some of the time, it ought to be useful, and initiates of such cults surely at least might have it as one of their regular three? Even if it does very little most of the time, I can't see why it wouldn't do anything if it was part of an affinity.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/