Re: Carmanian Runes

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:11:55 -0400

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...> wrote:

> IMG, the Carmanian opposition to "The Lie" verges on paranoia. I would
> have the Viziers eliminating children (nasty) who show signs of
> "corruption by the Lie". I think actually HAVING the Darkness rune would
> be a clear sign. Unless you also have the Illusion rune.

I wonder about that myself, actually. The extent of carmanian paranoia is largely a story issue but if the viziers could detect a Darkness rune taint then, all else being equal, I expect they would want to do something about it. So, this leads us to ask "just how detectable is a character's runic affiliation?" Is it just a game mechanic thing or can a runic attunement be detected with the right magic?

-Kevin McD