Re: Man Rune

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:13:50 -0700

Richard

>A troll animist doesn't bother increasing her rune affinity keywords
>because doing so doesn't particularly help; better to increase her
>Homboboboom Tradition Knowledge ability.

In fact, a troll animist may not even bother writing down 3 rune affinities, because they won't come into play. (There are usable rules for animist in the appendix, though doubtless they will be expanded upon in future works.)

Tim

>I would suspect (not having seen the new magic rules) that a Troll
>with the Darkness Rune would find it easier to interact with
>Darkness Spirits than with Fire, Water, Air, etc Spirits.

We haven't gone into much detail about animism, but until we do I think that's a reasonable interpretation. And again doesn't call for writing down three runes. (One could also argue that you get the augment from the Troll keyword rather than a rune.)

>I'm not really so clear how Personal runes might interact with
>"Essence" magic (Wizardry/Sorcery) - hopefully when we get to see
>the actual rules things will become clearer...

Perhaps your Fire rune can augment spells from the Book of Fiery Death.

Gavain

>I would have thought that the man rune should give access to the
>"super human" abilities, such as strength and toughness and faster
>reactions etc.

Or perhaps the opposite. The Man rune is Every Man, so you are super average.

--

David Dunham