Re: Carmanian Runes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:14:45 +1200

At 08:46 a.m. 20/05/2009, you wrote:

>Humm... I know that sorcery fell into disfavor for a while after the
>Blue Wizard competition, but I am pretty sure that Malakinus sorcery
>isn't considered a black art.

Theological resolutions once set in stone don't generally get revisited and ignored. If the Carmanians have discovered that Sorcery is of evil origin then that will colour their subsequent attitudes towards sorcery.

>After all, one of their grimoires is The Book of White Sorcery.

A turd by any other name smells just as foul.

>This is a very interesting point, although I find myself wondering if
>they tend to conflate all three dualities as one. Idovanus =
>Truth/Light/Cosmos; Ganestoro = Illusion/Darkness/Chaos

Considering that Christians can tell the difference between the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I don't see why the Carmanians should make such a conflation.

--Peter Metcalfe