Re: What Does a Rune-Magic Rating Represent?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:11:52 -0000

As in the recent Star Trek movie (I'm guessing that might be what Ben is referring to). In a sim game the universe would have been doomed because the Romulans, who have previously defeated experienced Starfleet personnel shoud have no trouble with cadets fresh out of the academy. In a narrative game, our heroes succeed precisely because that is what they are.

However we can drop the sim vs. narrative debate and simply state, as Robin does, that HeroQuest follows movie-logic not real world logic. It is a cinematic game system. Indeed I came out thinking how well HQ2 would have handled Star Trek.