Re: Re: odds

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:20:47 -0500

A different effect, not more. What effect depends on where you are on the curve.

I wouldn't try to plan that. In HQ 1 I used to make sure that the modifier affected the person it made sense to from a story logic point of view. (If a player buffs up, it probably modifies them.) It's arbitrary, but if it seems to make sense, people didn't argue it. (i.e. You're using "Hard to hit" as an augment in this fight? Penalty to the opponent." )

HQ 2 puts more emphasis on setting a fixed resistance in advance, but I'd still probably do the same thing when it suited. I can easily see an argument for only ever applying mods to the PCs after initial framing, though.I think HQ 2 lends itself to the story logic most often supporting that anyway.

I think it is a judgment call.