Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:34:16 -0800 (PST)

LC's point about the genreless rule book v. genre pack is something I was thinking about over lunch. He's right. HQ itself needs no information about blasters. But a genre pack should, at least in general terms. If I just say "land speeder" you get nothing. Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes gets away with a lot because "bow" and "spear" are real things. A Star Wars genre pack would be OK, because everyone knows Han Solo's blaster is essentially a space opera handgun and that a light saber can block blaster bolts, because they fly through the air pretty slowly and are not like a flashlight (as Star Trek phasers used to be).