Re: Definition of an action in an EC

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 22:10:53 -0700

On 1 Aug 2010, at 20:53, vurt500 wrote:

> I´m currently re-reading the HQ2 Extended Contest rules and what i´m missing is a definition of what exactly an action is (in an exchange).
>
> The rules say that an Extended Contest is a series if Simple Contests.

Yes, though I wouldn't consider them fully framed and all.

> So it seems an action in an exchange is a "subgoal", hopefully leading to the big goal (=the prize you are going for) of the contest.

Hopefully the long example of an extended contests gives you an idea of what an exchange might be.

> Can exchanges carry over consequences in terms of modifiers, like position for instance ?
> I mean could you go tactical, try to accomplish one thing in the first exchange and work with the benefit in the next?
> Or are tactics something that is part of the framing of the Contest only ?

Sounds plausible.

And often you may want to shift to a new ability depending on such changes.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein