Re: Re: Question about Simple Contests

From: ryancaveney_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:34:26 -0800 (PST)

Ashley Munday wrote:

> If you're one of those people that have a view that everything in the
> gameworld stays constant (i.e. a skeletons are easier than zombies
> which are easier than wights and so on ...
> then a lot of the techniques in HQ2 aren't what you want to use.

This is exactly why I don't use HQ2. Nearly the entire book is useless to me, because there really aren't any rules in it. It presents only a die rolling mechanic, around which a game could be built if you invested enough time. HW & HQ1 actually are a game, but by my standards, HQ2 isn't. Literally the only thing I have used from HQ2 is the simplified rune affinities for magic.

Ryan