Re: Masteries as Modifiers

From: matthew.cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:38:50 +0100

For what it's worth, I agree that the rulebook has an error just there. As written, it doesn't work.

I think the spirit of the rule is that you: take a mastery off with a minimum of 6.
(no transferral of masteries to the player, no improvised extra rules implied or needed)

This appears to be the simplest option that makes most sense in all circumstances. The minimum is just there to prevent low base resistances from being converted to nonsense. If you are not going to roll, it will have already been decided before you get to the table stage.

The fact that nobody has asked this here before just goes to show how seldom the bottom difficulty is actually used amongst the HQ fraternity? :)

Cheers