Re: Cascading catchups

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:09:57 +0100 (BST)

In the game I run (13W2 base resistance and counting) I use umbrella keywords so the fan out from high levels running over a mastery is less. The players all tend to stick a couple of hero points per session into one of their best two keywords and rely on catchups to develop the rest of their abilities. However each time they get a catchup they tend to increase a third keyword and some miscellaneous ability so everything apart from their two main keywords are really lagging.

I dish out directed improvements when someone risks using something much below 10w-ish as the player's are probably going to end up burning one or more hero points to get through the conflict. Or fail with some interesting consequences which move the game along in ways I couldn't imagine.

Cheers,

Ash

PS: The answer to how many abilities are about 14 is most of them in case that's not clear from the ramblings above!