Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Re: [meta] Future of Heroquest Rules on Yahoo! Groups

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:50:36 +0200

On 13/09/2012 10:55, David wrote:

>> Does it have a list? I thought it was only a forum - you have to go
>> there and see if anything interesting has happened, it doesn't land
>> in your email.
>>

> Subscribe to the RSS feed

I keep adding RSS feeds to my Google Reader and forget about them. ;-) I've tried different UIs in the past, including Mozilla live bookmarks and iGoogle.
So far, iGoogle has been my preference for tracking RSS feeds. I could combine feeds by subject, change preference per feed (number of items shown, full text, top lines, or subject only).

I'm also subscribed to a multitude of mailing lists, with three levels of filtering (server-side, client-side, plus virtual folders) in my mail. While the RSS index provides a universal interface to all of my feeds, once I click-through I'm still forwarded to an entirely different user interface.

With mail, there are basically two options: Plain text and html. I also have the choice between a mail client and a webmail interface for access.

That's still a simple, powerful, and universal UI for me.

;-)

Cheers,
Henk