Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] So, has anyone experimented with the HQ rules lately?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:02:23 -0400

On 15 Sep 2012, at 02:51, David Scott <sciencefish_at_...> wrote:

> One of the things about HeroQuest I don't like are the names of the levels of difficulty. I also play a lot of fate based games which has a cool ladder of names:

Man, that was one of the things I really liked about Diaspora (FATE-based rules): they just used numbers for the levels, so I didn't have to remember that Fantastic was better than Superb etc.

Speaking of FATE, I keep wondering if there's a way to use Aspects and Fate Points in HQ. They are probably closest to Augments, but cooler.

I just realized that the way I suggest running Hero Point spends is a bit similar -- when you spend on a bump, you should describe what happens. If you can't think of an explanation, pick an ability that you might have augmented with and use that to describe. This is very loosely similar to spending a Fate point and mentioning an Aspect.

I think the scales are off between FP and HP, however.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein