Re: heroic defense; animal followers; patrons

From: Jarec Basham <jarec_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:17:30 -0000

> Patrons are Narrator characters, so this is probably best a
> collaboration. If I decide that my character is daughter of the
clan
> chief, my Narrator probably has some ideas as to who the chief is.
>
> Patrons actually worked out fairly well when we used them. They
> weren't around much but could be called on for favors. And once in
> while they called on you...

I agree, patrons are very useful. One of my players characters is a Praxian Sable rider who is now living in my Orlanthi clan (a RQ carry over character). She now worships Vinga and her patron is the clan chief. This was only allowed because myself and the player sat down and discussed it and from my point of view it gives me some nice scenario hooks I can use.

Jarec