Re: Introducing Agnar

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:11:38 +0200

The Former Owner of the Alex Rune:

> Just to be clear, you mean 'Heortling Humakti'? (I know, I
> greatly dislike the alleged necessity of the qualification
> too, but...) I think the rules for those are pretty simple:
> there aren't any. ;-) The Free Army may in due course throw
> up something vaguely appoximating a formalised 'regiment', but
> really, only pretty vaguely. At the 'present' (c. 1621), the
> closest you'd get would be a warband constructed around a core
> of Humakti devotees, which would look very, very different, IMO.

        I think that there aren't enough Humakti to form regiments. Most Heortling mercenaries belong to Orlanth Adventurous or Hedkoranth (sp?) but Humakt is much too demanding for most people. OTOH the idea of a mercenary warband such as the Silver Daggers of Katherine Kerr's Deverry series is enticing. An exiled, disgraced warrior looking for redemption is a perfect candidate for the cult, IMO. After all an outlaw in Heortling society is already more or less dead, no?

	Cheers,
	The New Owner of the Alex Rune.