Re: Feats

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:41:13 +0300 (EET DST)

.

There are 18 Heortling and 17 Lunar writeups, 6 BHT Grimoires and ~10 Grazer Spirit types in Chapter 4 of Hero Wars. Rough estimate, that's 21,000 words in description of feats, spells and spirits. That is a full 5th of the word count for the entire book.

Hmm. That is a problem, thou I personally would be quite willing to pay for a Gods of Glorantha like supplement, or several infact, that would better detail the magic and myths of each pantheon. Then again, I can see how many wouldn't.

I still think it's important to have the information exist. The text of my example above could be squeezed to something like 50% of it's raw volume, but it would still be a problem.

I wonder if Issaries would be willing to have the stuff on it's website? I for one would be willing to lend a hand in writing the actual examples.

  ---

On another note. Is there any chance of getting good Glorantha maps on the Issaries website? Good looking maps have always been a problem with Glorantha gaming.

A friend of mine runs a campaign set in the world of Kulthea, also known a Shadow World (though he doesn't run it in RoleMaster, praise the gods). Anyway, the author of Kulthea has a website which has some excellent maps to download.
  This is something we could learn from. It makes the GM bying the Hero Wars products feel like Issaries INC really cares about him being able to run a good game, and a happier customer will also be more likely to buy future products, I think.

        -Adept