Re: combat question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:45:47 -0000

> Spend a round prepping your melee weapons. THEN start using
> bows/javelins.
>
> Or just chuck lighting bolts at them till the problem goes away! I
> usually allow PC's to start withtheir close Combat APs even if we
know
> there will be a short missile duel (except for the guy who always
sits
> in teh back and hurls lightning bolts) as most of the battle will be
> fought with close combat. But that's a personal preference.

Yes, it sounds fine as long as everything goes to plan, but even by accident I can see problems, like if someone doesn't get a dancing partner and ends up continuing to use missiles, despite having intended to melee, or if the bad guys had the lightning bolts and one of the PCs shouldn't have been able to melee (their ranged Combat ability was below the APs they lost), but now are. Nonetheless, I can't say I would object.

> Crucifixion: A cure for bagpipes.

Bagpipes: A cure for listening to Englishmen

Wulf