Re: Gloranthan Reality & Hero Wars

From: stephen.royle_at_...
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:33:52 +0100

>Has anyone spoken to a genuine newbie who has the rules and never
>read anything about Glorantha ? If so what has been their response.

I have 6 players, 2 know a little about Glorantha and played RQ and the other 4 know nothing, 2 actually have never roleplayed before this campaign.
The people who found the magic system hardest to grasp? The two who have experience of Glorantha and played RQ.
Everybody else really enjoyed the flexibility straight from the beginning. I never get asked what does this do, they tell me what it does or how they are going to use it, and even sometimes mythically why! Feats are used all the time and not just as augmentations.

Personally I like them as well, but maybe better names could have been thought up.

Also, why don't all the people who want descriptions get together and sort some out, now that would be constructive. Because I doubt Issaries are ever going to do it.

Now missile combat is a completely different kettle of fish, still haven't worked it out to my tastes yet, now that could really do with some examples!!
Or at least basic rules. :-)

Finally I agree with Charles Corrigan when he says: 'However, flamewars do tend to drive people off rather than attract them to a forum.'
This sort of thing put me of the Glorantha Digest!! :-)

All Hail the Black Moon
Steve