Re: (nothing to do with) followers

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:39:06 +0100

> From: "Jane Williams" <jane_at_...>
>Subject: Re: (nothing to do with) followers
>But could you apply your fencing ability to, say, spear & shield? Or
>2H club? Or Vulgar Brawling? I would have thought that at least,
>converting from foil to epee would have been easier than to some
>totally different weapon. But I've never tried: has anyone else?

Yes. I've also fenced sabre, epee and foil. I found switching hard, but largely because of the rules changed between them. I think the truth lies partway between these positions. Personally, as a compromise, I apply -3 improv penalty to cultural or similar weapons, -5 to others and probably -10 to really unsual ones.

Thom

Thom Baguley
Human Experimental Psychology
Human Sciences, Loughborough University
Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, UK. Tel: +44(0)1509 223049 Fax: 223940
http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~hutsb/