Re: Sorcery Question

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:29:54 -0000

Not according to a strict reading of the rules, which only gives the edges for victories, unlike the augmentation chart which gives victories and defeats. I am happy to let this stand as one of the differences between sorcerous blessings and theisitic feats. The theist can give himself a higher boost (a major or complete success against a resistance of 15 gives ^12, the equivalent blessing is ^8 for complete and ^4 for major) but with a risk of things going badly wrong (even changing the chart to make marginal defeat = no effect).

In the unlikely event of a blessing getting a complete (or possibly major) defeat, I might apply a penalty to the "Lead Prayer" until suitable penance is done, or rule the current time/place is obviously inauspsicous ...

> To be picky: you don't augment from an affinity. You must use a
> specific feat (which of course you can improvise from an affinity).

It was shorthand for feat or improvised feat from an affinity, honest