Re: Subject: Re: Re: items in narrative

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:20:26 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Thom Baguley wrote:
> Unrelated: A hero wants a magic burning rock. Before going on an adventure
> he prays to Elmal. Later that day finds such a magic rock.
>
> The latter is technically "during play" but still unrelated.

The difference here is that you, as GM, have the option during play that he doesn't find the magic rock. I'd stick to the three levels given in the books :

(1) You find it during play - Related.
(2) You find it, but not during play - Unrelated.
(3) You don't find it - GM disallows it.

The GM can always decide which category anything happens in. After all, there are no rules about how quickly a prayer has to be answered, or in what form. Finding things during play but having the GM declare them unrelated is a bit hard on the players, and could lead to all sorts of arguments.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net