Re: Sorcery Question

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:10:30 -0000

Or possibly I misunderstood you, but I think we are all singing off the same hymn sheet now, so we should both get the effects of the blessing...

> What I was commenting on was the use of the blessing *after* the
> congregation leaves church - a military unit can be sen as a
> single "unit" and doing the same things, so their +^5 Sword
> Blessing works, but I can see situations where the congregation is
> made up of several different types of people, who "wander around
> doing his/her/its own thing (plowing, milking cows, selling stuff,
> keeping a watch on the town gate, etc) but still get the benefits
> of the blessing (whatever the heck it was) that morning.

I think the blessing in question would probably determine this - a "Village Harmony" type blessing, or maybe a "Protect from heathen spirit" blessing is likely to protect the villagers what ever they are doing - a Sword blessing on a bunch of peasants not on active military service (assuming there are such things, my knowledge of the west is a little vague) may be much harder