Those Dragon Pass winters

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:06:58 -0000

There are some facts on weather in Dragon Pass - for Battle Valley in Sartar, and they are listed in Haunted Ruins. I don't have the document to hand right now, I'll post it if someone else gets their first but winter temperatures are 50 degress F, and summer 100 degress Farenheit, not quite the bleak midwinter that HW implies. Of course Battle Valley is a valley and on the East side of the Quivini mountains so perhaps the climate their is a little warmer, but I would not imagine that the fluctuation was more than about 5 degress. Wind chill of course might make it feel a lot colder and make that hearth in the stead look inviting.

There are also stats for rainfall, snow and IIRC flora and fauna.

However the legendary Dragon Pass winters don't seem to be mentioned, perhaps these are unseasonable conditions - "I remember the great Dragon Pass winter of 1611, it was so cold that..."

I think I am with the "Environment in Glorantha is not just influenced by Geography but by inhabitants school" just look at what happens to the ecology in uz areas "fungus forests, giant insects" etc. so as you move north-east in Dragon Pass towards Shadows Dance and Dagori Inkarth I expect temperatures to fall (though they must get reasonable springs in the Vale of Flowers).

Anyone with access to their copy want to clear this up, otheriwse you'll have to wait until I dig mine out.

Ian