Re: Wanasgard, a Grazer example

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:27:48 -0000

Thanks David

> Wanasgard, a [wily] [[Warrior]] of the [Flame Juggler clan],
> married [Maryu] of [clan Sweetgrass], impressing her with his [well-
> trained] hunting dogs [Stone] and [Straw], and [charming] smile.
> She excels at {star lore} and {sewing}. Wanasgard's sword [Dragon
> Point] (won [gambling]) can heal him.

I note that "Can heal him" isn't specified in the list of abilities - presumably it does this at the rating you have for Dragonpoint under Equipment?

> He can [leap into the saddle], is an
> accomplished [wrestler], and [plays the flute]. His [fondness for
> drink] is matched by his [capacity]. He learned [Esrolian] on
> campaign, gaining [rich plunder]. His [sense of direction] and
> [time] is unerring, and he's a fine [judge of character]. He can
> [start fires with a glance].

> He dreams of gaining wings for his warhorse [Victory].
>
> A few comments about his abilities: I have a house rule that gives
> members of the Warrior age group the abilities of the previous
> Rider age group at a value of 12. Also, I've added three of the
> Rider abilities to the Warrior keyword: Listen, Scan for Danger,
> and Sleep in the Saddle. You'd have fewer abilities if you don't
> use this house rule.

I'd not considered it before, but it does make sense - Since all Warriors were previously riders it would seem strange if they suddenly forgot all their skills - particularly Scan for Danger -  "Oh, I'm a real man now, I don't need to look for danger, that's what those young riders are for. Mind you, I must be going soft in my old age, I used to be able to sleep for hours in my sadle, but these days, give me a comfy four-poster bed any day..."