Re: Re: Two Random Questions

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:24:23 +0100

Il giorno 1-11-2000 18:04, Tim Ellis, tim_at_... ha scritto:

>> Two Random (and maybe Silly) Questions:
>>
>> 1) Magical weapons/armor. Do you give these items fixed bonuses/
>> edges or do you have the player try for an enhancement every time
>> he uses the item (effectively requiring an action to "power up!").
>
> Fixed, I think. otherwise you could end up with too many rolls before
> you start, or you penalise the character with the magical sword by
> robbing him of a chance to augment...

    Fine, but in manga and anime (my primary sources for many a Hero Wars choreography) the character always spends an action to evoke his powers, to have his armor dress him and so on... You know, like he screams something, does some strange moves, is surrounded by an halo of light while the camera turns around him and then... puff! Enter the Hero!

    OK, I understand that many of you don't want Glorantha to become the setting of a fantasy manga... The Record of the Glorantha Wars... ;)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.