Re: resistance to magic

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:02:41 -0800

Wulf responded to me

> > The resistance to magic should always be at least 14, whether this is
> > in the player's favor (he's defending) or not (he's trying to work
> > magic). See p.171.
>
> Presumably there are specific exceptions, like Augments, Healing
> Wounds, etc. Personally I'd also apply specific flaws (like a
> Trollkin's vulnerability to light magic) as well.

Augment is an exception. Healing isn't IMO (except that it's often just an AP loan). There may be various bonuses applied, but I still consider 14 to be the "background resistance" of the universe.

There should never be a case where you have to use the unlisted ability value to resist magic.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein