Re: Injury and Wounds/Hurts

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:22:09 +0000

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:06:18 -0000, "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_indigost.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Looking at the rules regarding Injury and Wounds/Hurts I found an
>anomaly in extreme cases. If you have a skill of 20 and suffer 15
>hurts/wounds (using the optional grievous wound and the optional swap
>APs for a wound rules), you are at an effective skill of 5. If you
>are driven to a major defeat you become injured and your skill goes up
>to 10!

Two things:
1) If you're Injured, your Abilities are halved, so, to heal yourself of 15 Hurts, your skill would be (10-15)= MINUS 5 (well, it would be zero). So healing yourself in this case would be impossible without a HP or a natural roll of 1. Hurts and Injuries are treated separately, as far as I understand, you don't lose the Hurts when you get Injured .
2) Healing Hurts and Injuries requires two separate feats/abilities, so you have to heal one type of wound then the other, unless you're a Bevaran with Heal Self Fully. True, the Heal Injuries from various deities are not resisted by the patient's wounds, but it's still two separate rolls.

Wulf