RE: starting a shaman

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:49:23 -0000

> I'm finally getting my players to create their Grazer characters
> (actually they are re-creating characters from an RQ4 campaign we
> played years ago, but now 10 years later in 1621).
>
> I know that the average animist starts with 5 one-use fetishes [p.
> 213]. But we have a shaman character -- p. 214 gives him a fetch but
> no other spirits. Am I missing something?
That's what the rules do say. We just allowed shaman to have a line in there write-up along the lines of "He has captured many of his tribes sprits" to give him a double load of sprits. Other special sprits and integrated sprits can be mentioned in the write-up as normal. He should end up with least a dozen sprits he can use this way.

> Surely he'd have fetishes,
> probably useable more often.

There are no guidelines in the book. The suggestion I like best from the list is basically the more often you can use a sprit the less powerful it is so:-
17 1 per day
15 3 per day
13 Integrated
No shaman worth his salt would bother keeping a normal 1 use sprit for himself.

-