Re: Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:16:27 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Robin D. Laws wrote:

<snip>
> Here's a possible compromise between these two ideas:
>
> Mundane abilities are capped at X, but when you reach the
> cap it is possible to transcend it, magically building
> your ability to a superhuman level. This requires that
> you undergo a significant trial of some sort...
<snip>

I also definitely think that this is doable in Gloranta. Even in RQ (2) gaining the mastery rune let your mundane skills rise above the 100% cap.

I think the "usual" way of doing the impossible is feats/spells/spirits but one can also try to push ones mundane skills over the threshold of mere mortals.

A nice way of handling it Robin. You're the man!

        -Adept