Re: re: background; starting a shaman

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 12:57:03 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:41:11 +0200 (EET), Mikko Rintasaari
> <mikrin_at_...> wrote:
>
> >> Well, I would assume that each Integration leaves a little of the
> >> Spirit in the character. Not a problem to a Hsunchen, who's after that
> >> very effect, but a potential case of schizophrenia in your average
> >> mortal...
>
> >This is exactly what I was after Wulf. I have ways of dealing with it in
> >my own campaign "Beyond the Horizon", but I was just curious if people
> >playing vanilla HW see any need for such finesse.
>
> I definitely intend to stress this effect in our campaign, but as
> there are only two Animists so far, one my Spirit Talker, one a
> Hsunchen, it won't be too hard to enforce...
>
> Wulf

Then again, I think something like that happens to the theists also.

The more powerful magics you can draw from orlanth, the more you end up being like orlanth (in fact a large part of getting the stronger powers is becoming more like your god). But this again, seems to be outside the scope of HW. Too bad, sinse it's definitely a roleplaying element.

        -Adept