Re: Rituals

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:15:53 -0000

That would make some sense. And yes, the example needs work -- hopefuly we will get a better one in the next printing or in the eratta.

> There was also the comment at Convulsion that, for a heroquest, you
> could get separate ritual support from each community. This was
> flagged as an idea that had not yet been thought out, let alone
play-
> tested.

I believe it has been paytested. =) My personal opinion is that it works pretty well. There's some major bugs to be worked out to prevent min-maxing wankerboys from defeating the whole point of the ritual.

MY take the matter is that you can't sub-divide a gropu or community except into it is an already existing group. Your clan is one total, your bloodline would be a part of the clan *or* treated as a separate community as would your warband or your immediate family. These must support separate abilities augmented by a ritual or give bonuses to different segments of a heroquest. In all cases, they can increase the length of time a ritual needs dramatically. But I understand the bugs on that are still to be worked out. It works best with heroquests, from my experience.

Probably see it in one of the upcoming books though. I'd say its a rules priority (rather than the even more pressing background priorities), considering how heavily the game dwells on the Other Side and Heroquesting.

Jeff