Re: Zombies and Skeletons in extended contest

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:20:54 -0000

They are a problem, in that AP loss does not indicate wounds. You certainly shouldn't be able to wound them without rune metal (or poisons, suffocation, etc), I agree. Possibly just saying they can only ever be 'Dazed' as a result would do, but it doesn't reflect their immunity well.

> One way I thought, might be to give them an ability to resist AP
losses
> that take them below -10 unless magic or silver etc.... Or maybe a
generic
> ability to resist AP losses from mundane sources. So you deal 20AP
loss to
> a werewolf and it pits the 20 AP against its 10W resist damage
ability.

This sounds good, a 10W Resist Mundane Damage might work (once you determine what is and isn't mundane), it would certainly be easy to impliment:-
"I bash the wolf with my mace, bid 25AP, roll success on a 7" (Narrator secretly rolls a 6)"You smack him hard on the spine, the impact jars your arm, you lose the AP, he glares at you unhurt" "I hit him, and I lose the AP? I run away..."

Wulf