Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:55:41 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 16:50 28/11/00 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >The wording of this in Elder Secrets is far from clear. To me it seems
> >to read that Enchanted Iron only get's the 1,5 x AP, and the other
> >effects are only valid for nonenchanted iron.
>
> If it had meant that it would have said "Certain of the Elder Races
> are vulnerable to unenchanted iron". But enchanted iron burning elves
> and trolls is canon.

It's canon in the sense that sloppy writers of RQ-3 era material always assumed iron weapons be enchanted, and get all the luxory extras. I like the way the old RQ-2 era handled pure runic metals (so you vere only capable of castin runic magic of the metals runic affinity and so), and I don't like handling Iron so it's just bigger, better and faster if enchanted. And I don't think the authors of Elder Secrets meant it that way.

> >People writing scenarios in the RQ-3 era always seemed to read it rather
> >sloppily, though.
>
> Motes and beams, Mikko, motes and beams.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

I think I just failed my "understand idiomatic english from around the globe 17" ability check.

        -Mikko, the Adept