Re: Werewolves

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:53:23 -0000

You are commenting on the _HW_ rules and system based on your RQ experience. That was I am pointing out.

> and who have to work over the gaps between RQ and HW. My toughts and
> observations are meant to be constructive, not destructive of Hero
Wars.

Um, perhaps you might look up the definition of constructive...? Certainly something positive might be more in order? Certainly a few less 'how come this isn't here any more' or 'its not like that' and and the occasional suggestion of things that might prove workable posts would be good.

> > Simply increase all magical resistances (good and bad) by +1 per
> > 'thing' of raw iron. Rather simple and easy to implement. The
> > narrator will decide how much an item counts for. A sword would
be a
> > +1 but a chain shirt might be +2 or +4 or some number that the
player
> > and the narrator are comfortable with.
>
> Yes, that is quite a nice way of handling it. There are good
Gloranthan
> reasons for keeping the "antimagic" iron at least on some level. I'd
> hate to lose the wonderfully strange Iron Forts of the Kralorelan
> border, for instance.

We have no idea what they do, officially. There is no officially published comments on them being enchanted or un-enchanted, just that they are these large chunks of, ahem, wrought iron.

Just pointing out that much of the colour may be local to you.

> I'm sorry if have ruffled some feathers, but I love the detail on
> Glorantha.

I guess its not what you say, but _how_ you say it. Something I am more than guilty of, at times.

Jeff