Re: iron - death metal

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:25:22 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 Kmnellist_at_... wrote:

> << The change is irreversible rendering
> normal work processes [that turns raw energy into Machine
> Components] ineffective. The Ancient Minerals forged Iron
> to recapture this lost energy and contain it.
> Glorantha: Intro p64. >>
>
> This could have other implications, for example living beings killed by
> unenchanted iron may be less likely to be turned into undead, wraiths and
> even more difficult to ressurect. I would be tempted to give unenchanted iron
> weares either bad dreams, depression or suicidal tendencies because of all
> the Death energy drawn toward them. For some reason I have always thought
> that unenchanted iron would be viewed as dangerous and bad for ones health.
>
> Keith N

This is how I treat it too. Iron helps with the act of severance, instead of sucking the souls into itself, the energy goes where it whould and does not linger in the mundane plane (mostalish version).

I think most persons find the touch of raw iron very disturbing. If for nothing else, then because at least the Heortlings are very magical, and a force cutting them off from a part of that must feel rather disturbing.

        -Adept