Re: Fetch as victim of AP loss? (Was AP bids)

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:34:18 -0000

> > follower, or even the shaman's fetch (I'd imagine that any contest
> > that the fetch can provide AP for, it can be affected in).
>
> Is this true?

Lets put it another way -- the character is actively using the fetch in battle. Thus it must be risked. You don't get AP for nothing in this game.

> Can fetches be hurt like followers?

I do not see any reason why not -- especially if he's using it like a follower. Heck, if a shaman was that reckless in my game, I'd injure HIM.   If its a follower, its a follower and treat it accordingly!

If its an Ally, then it acts as an ALLY and doesn't give him any AP...

> How might an opponent target the fetch, and not the shaman?

To be used in battle, the fetch has to be manifesting somehow. Otherwise, how can it be lending him AP's (and I find the 'oh, but its supporting me'... I'd ask 'how')

If its in a batttle and helping you, it is, by definition, vulnerable.

Perhaps they see you as a threat. Perhaps the fetch is overexterting itself and can't contact you as readily for awhile. But if they have magic, then they can target the fetch (at the very least)

If, as Wulf attests, it has a physical manifestation, then its *very* vulnerable to being hacked/chopped/zapped...

If its a follower, then it sufferes the same rules as all followers.

If a player is abusing the rules, one might suspect he should expect a less than fair interpretation of the rules. =)

Hope this helps,

Jeff