Re: Another Fetch question, while we're at it

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:28:20 -0000

Best ability. Seems fair enough to me. Its you, afterall.

> The sample shaman, Kerreveth Steadburner, in the Deluxe box is not
much
> help either, as his best ability is Tradition Knowledge at 12W but
his
> fetch has a might of 18W.

The deluxe characters are not helpful at times, no. I'd ignore that.

> Can a shaman then raise the fetch's might by spending HP? And why
would he,

The fetch is just as good as your best ability. I'd say you raise an ablity and it goes up. You can't raise it independantly.

But YOUR game may differ -- heck, if a player comes to me and says they want to raise their Fetch's power, I might allow it -- but I'd treat it as an affinity because I'm a mean and bitter old man.

> if he can spend HP on his best ability and raise that as well as his
> fetch's might?

Its always equivalent to the best ability. When I get problems like this, I read the rules aloud -- they are not trying to fool you. (Well, most of the time)

Hope this helps,

Jeff