Re: bows

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:38:05 -0000

Hmmm, I had the impression from somewhere that, like some of the culturally similar earth peoples, the orlanthi used skirmishing with ranged weapons (and no doubt boosted with movement and wind magic) as a big part of their combat. In essence that they didn't go in for set piece battles, but rather for something more like a running skirmish, with hand to hand combat being more the exception than the rule. But I could be very incorrect, and I don't even recall where I got this impression from. Certainly the key words don't support this view, as it gives almost nobody othere than hunters ranged combat skills.

--Bryan