Re: sidekick vs. companion

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:05:09 +0000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:05:11 -0500, Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_...> wrote:

>Are your companions self-replacing the way followers are? Is part of
>the incentive to treat a companion well that any HPs spent on the
>companion are lost if the companion dies? While I don't know if this
>answers your balance question, it would be a major difference between a
>2 word and a 25 word follower.

That's good, yes. Makes far more sense too, a companion is unique (well, aren't we all... but it's easier to find someone with 2 words to fit than 25 :). It ought to be damn hard to get a new companion too, they should be close friends with considerable links to the hero. And I still think there should be some compulsion to protect/avenge the companion.

Wulf