Re: Questions from our first session

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:27:54 +0000

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 14:14:01 -0800 (PST), bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...> wrote:

>I do tend to agree with Jeff. I like the idea of an
>initiate having access to feats, the standard ones in
>the cult write up.
>
>I would allow them to learn new feats, but no
>improvise.

Eh? You can only create new feats by Improvising them, then Cementing after play. They cannot 'learn' new feats, as they must Improvise every use of magic from the same Affinity Rating. Your rule is the reverse of the standard rules. If you prefer to create your own house rules, great, we all do. But if you intend to allow Initiates to use their Affinity TN with no penalty for the feats listed in the rules, it makes Devotee status pretty pointless...

>A devotee would be able to use standard without penely
>and improvise new ones guring a game with a penelty.
>If they cement them with a HP, then it can be casr
>without a penely.

That's the standard rules. But none of our players have had any need to create a new feat (I did, as Narrator, as the result of a Divine Intervention roll - "I'm a bit busy to help in person, but try this..."), the given ones cover pretty much everything, so I'd say it was a very minor change from Initiate status, where they can't cement new feats (or old ones).

>A runelord, or a worshiper who has a a presence on the
>inner world, a stronger connection, could improvise
>new feats without penelty, but still have to cement
>them.

I've no idea what you intend by this, there are no Runelords as yet in HW, although I think there is something akin in Thunder Rebels.

Wulf