Re: Questions from our first session

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:09:24 +0000

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:02:14 -0800 (PST), bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...> wrote:

>I will be 1 of 2 regular GM's in our group and can
>already see the struggle of some group members in
>terms of shifting their thinking. At times it is just
>unconcious, most of us are eager to get comfortable
>with the HW rules.

Personally, I believe it better to get used to Glorantha. I'm not sure if your group is as new to Glorantha as to HW, or whether you played RQ before. Spend a lot of time passing on details about Glorantha, Dragon Pass, flora & fauna. Being interested in the gods and history is a good way to reduce the problems of the rules. And you can possibly spend less time actually USING the rules anyway, and more just being in character.

Mind you, even that has problems... we might have a budding rules lawyer who sits reading Anaxial's whenever a creature gets identified...

Wulf