Re: Re: Disciples/runelords

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 23:20:39 -0500

I've dropped out of the "time requirement for Vanganth discussion" after Roderick's post, which points out to me that devotion to a subcult as part of a great god's aspect is a 60% time commitment.

But:

At 11:00 PM 01/08/2001 +0000, JEFFREY KYER wrote:
>> At 07:35 PM 01/08/2001 +1300, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> I wonder how one could reflect the natural flying in HW? Just take
>that 'you can fly' ability at 5w as a 'freebie' and one of your
>boosted abilities?

That's how I would do it.

>One secret to a customer. At least as far as gods/aspects/subcults are
>concerned.

Kind of. Under the currently published rules, you can learn a great god's secret after learning one of its aspects' secrets (RiG p. 167).

>> [1] I'm guessing that Vanganth was actually a god from the beginning or
>> that he isn't really a Thunder Brother.
>
>I think he's a Thunder Brother. I'm not sure why he'd not be. From
>what I recall, he was included in the keywords as a sample subcult for
>Orlanth (but wasn't documented as well as he ought to be)

I think that he is a god and a Thunder Brother too. My point was that he is listed as a human and as a god in his magical keyword.

Thanks,
Andy