Subject: Re: Augment questions

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:43:42 -0000

Graham Robinson

>The alternative is that the person with the most abilities wins every
>battle... Given how easy it is to get another ability, not having the
>rule means players can spend AGES before a contest
>augmenting with this, that and the next thing. This is (a) boring
>and (b) unbalancing.

Maybe there should be some sort decreasing benefit as opposed to a blanket ban.

>JEFFREY KYER
>Also, I am starting to realize that you can only make one
>enhancement from an affinity - at least of that type. Can't use
>lightning sword and flickering blade to augment Close Combat.
>(But I could use one as an augment and the other as an
>enhancement, it seems.)

If taken this way then every god is exactly the same. For instance if you dig around for enhancements you could apply to Close Combat I am sure you can find one augmentation and one edge in any gods feat list. BTW I thought enhancement = (augmentation (TN bonus)&#92;edge&#92;handicap&#92;penalty).

On a side note do any of you allow a feat to give someone a penalty. I have allowed it in the past with the Humakt feat Visage of fear. It seem to go down well at demos.