Anti-Cinematics

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:43:44 -0000

> Uh... because if he doesn't suspect that I'm a martial artist, the
> surprise value will make it more propable that I will defeat him?
>
> -Adept : who likes cinematics too, and has even scared off an
> attacker in RL by such "badass karate dude" show. But
> that's because I didn't want a fight. In a real
> fight, strike first, ponse later.

Wholeheartedly agree. All this flashy stuff is for whimps. Prefer the Yojimbo/Sanjuro/Zatoichi school of "Hey, why is there blood spouting all over the place when nobody moved?" swordsmanship. But this, um, might not be very Orlanthi. Perhaps I have evil Lunar tendencies.

Btw, off topic, amazed you managed to scare someone off with moves. Always thought that would have the opposite effect! Maybe cinematics really are better than the real thing... certainly beats having to fight.