Re: Re: Fetch abilities

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:10:22 +0000

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:04:10 -0000, " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>I'm very leery of holding up the characters from the deluxe box as as
>exemplars of how to do certain character types, unfortunately.

Oh, I am too, but it's the sole and only example we have!

>> other guidelines I can find anywhere. If the Kolatings get Wind
>> Spirits for Fetches, how many cubic meters?
>
>Beats me. I'd wait for Storm Tribe. Truly.

A bit tough on anyone wanting to play Kolatings in the next few months though.

>Cubic meters.

Sorry, yards.

>Sigh. Its not the volume capacity of the umbroli, its
>the _strength_ of the umbroli that's critical. How fierce it is. I
>think that's mentioned somewhat in Anaxial.

"Elemental spirits...have a set Might...whether they embody a small or large amount of element." I had missed that distinction between the 'elemental' types. Hmm... that just confuses things further! My Fetch is Might 5W, but it can be any size I want, and it gets Strong 6 per cubic yard? Hmm... could use the 'Resistance to Summoning' as 'Resistance to embodying Fetch'...

Yes, that works... A quick re-write of my Serdrodosan is called for... She might bear some vague resemblance to the actual rules when they eventually arrive...

Wulf