Re: archery; Four Magic Weapons

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:50:44 -0800

"Hangnail"

> While the action points lends great to melee combat, It seems
> that missile combat would be hard to describe in such an exchange
> (unless you were to use the optional grevious wound rules). I actually

You could require every bid to be at least 7, and turn 7 AP into a -1 wound.

Of course, if the missile combat precedes melee, reducing AP is reasonable.

Or are you just worried about narrating "the arrow grazes your left leg?"

Wulf

> Just realised, although mentioned, the Orlanthi Four Weapon Feats are
> not listed anywhere in TR. Will these, and any suitable rules on
> availability & application, be printed anywhere? Should ALL Orlanthi
> get them? Including Vingans (as was the case in the Vinga writeup in
> TradeTalk 5)?

The last time I saw them in a draft, they were four separate feats. (This was how I submitted them -- I can't remember if they were still my version.) IMO they are 4 subcults with minimal resource requirements.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein