Re: TR: Multiple subcult question

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:08:47 +0000

> From: Markus Battarbee <battery_at_...>
>Then why isn't any more expensive to join the 'wrong' subcult/aspect
>for the first time?

This puzzled me ... but see below ...

>The idea was not to include worship of Helamakt Thunderous, but of Helamakt
>Adventurous. Were it H. Thunderous, I'd have no problem as the rules are clear
>(to me) about this. It's combining one aspect with two subcults, of which
>neither one belngs to that aspect, that's problematic.

My latest interpretation is that you can worship, say, Helamakt Thunderous if that is your personal calling, or if your clan is unusual in that respect. However, the chances of getting two oddball combinations to fit together in regular family, clan and tribal worship is very low. So (in effect) there is a +10% cost to having two oddball choices (time, sacrifices, travel to distant shrines etc).

In effect, if your primary choice is Helamakt Thunderous your clan recognizes this as a valid choice (e.g., because they do the same).

Thom